This is a decadent baked blueberry cheesecake which is made up of a ginger biscuit base that is topped with a rich vanilla cream cheese filling and finished with a blueberry sauce. Now this is what I call, the perfect union on a plate!
Who can ever say NO to a yummy slice of cheesecake? Definitely not me as cheesecake is one of my top choices when it comes to choosing a cake, even though it is no secret that I am an absolute cake lover. I am actually happy to tuck into any delicious cake that is placed in front of me! 😊
This cheesecake recipe was passed on by a family friend and one of my best go-to recipes as it is so quick and easy to put together with little fuss and always turns out perfectly.
This recipe starts off with the biscuit base which forms the bottom layer of the cheesecake. I love to use digestive biscuits with chocolate which are my favourite but you can make use of any biscuits that you prefer. I add ground ginger to the biscuits once they have been crushed, as the ginger really compliments this recipe. If using ginger biscuits or you, not a ginger fan, go ahead and eliminate the ground ginger.
The next step is the decadent vanilla cream cheese filling that gets added on top of the biscuit base. I would highly recommend that a medium fat or full-fat cream cheese is used for best results as this also helps with the stability of the cheesecake. At this stage ensure that everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps present in the mixture as this will affect the finished product. You want a rich, smooth and decadent end product.
The final step is the super delicious blueberry sauce. The topping needs to be sufficiently cooled before adding it on top of the cheesecake to prevent the cheesecake from melting. This topping is like the “BLUEBERRY” on top of the cake.. sometimes you just have to be a bit cheezy :-). What is life without having fun!
So if you a fan of cheesecake then I think that you will definitely enjoy this recipe. I am sure that it will leave you going back for more!!! Hope that you enjoy this cheesecake as much as I do.
Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
- 90 Grams Butter
- 200 Grams Digestive Biscuits
- 10 ml Ground Ginger
- 2 Tubs Cream Cheese (230g per tub)
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Cream
- 2 Large Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 15 ml Cake Flour
- 10 ml Vanilla Essence
- 2.5 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (Freshly squeezed)
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 190 ℃ (375 ℉). Grease a 20cm (8 inch) springform pan and line the base of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or saucepan. Place biscuits into a food processor and processor until breadcrumb stage. Add the ground ginger and melted butter to the crumbs and mix well until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and spread until the mixture is smooth and evenly distributed. Bake for 5 min and then set aside to cool while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Turn oven down to 165 ℃ (325 ℉). In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until incorporated. Add the eggs, cream, vanilla essence and flour to the mixture and mix until well combined and smooth. Take care not to overwhip.
- Pour mixture onto the cooled biscuit base. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for further 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and then allow to cool to room temperature. Cover the cake and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight to set.
- For the blueberry sauce, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir until combined. Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool completely before topping the cake.
- Once blueberry sauce has cooled, remove the cake from the outer ring by running a thin knife / spatula around the edge of the cake. Transfer to a serving platter or cake stand. Spoon the blueberry sauce over the cheesecake and allow a further 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve with some delicious whipped cream or ice-cream.
This website provides approximate nutritional information for convenience and as a courtesy only.