This oat, coconut and banana bread is a super quick and wholesome bread that can be served as a snack but my absolute favorite is to serve it at breakfast time. I find there are many times when I don’t have time to prepare breakfast, so this is an easy grab and go for me. This recipe is quick to make and can easily be made in advance, sliced up and placed in the freezer for when needed. It is ideal for days where time is limited. You can grab a slice and pop it into the toaster as it toasts really well which is an added benefit. 🙂
It is delicious served plain with butter or it can be served with nut butter, cheese or jam/honey. Enjoy!
Oat, Coconut & Banana Bread
- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 0.5 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 4 Medium Bananas (Mashed)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Grease a large loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Then add the oats and coconut to the flour mix.
- Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla essence together. Once combined add in the mashed bananas.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in until combined.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven for about 1h20 - 1h30 or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only.